All Encinitas CERT Team Members need to carry an up-to-date CERT ID Card. Please check the expiration date on your ID card and if it needs to be renewed follow these instructions:
- Fill out the Disaster Services Worker Application (instructions below)
- Pass a simple background check required by the City of Encinitas (instructions below)
- Stay current with your CERT training by attending at least one training session per year
- Download the form using this link: Disaster Services Worker Application
- Complete the form in pen, not pencil. All text must be LEGIBLE.
- Please check RENEWAL
- Fill in your name, address (physical and mailing), as well as the email address, telephone numbers and date of birth.
- For renewals, do NOT complete the Loyalty Oath of Affirmation.
- Please sign where it says Signature of Volunteer/DSW.
- Drop the DSW Form at the front desk of City Hall (505 Vulcan Avenue) in an envelope, attention Chief Abelman.
After the Chief’s signature, the application will be logged, tracked, and delivered to the County for processing.
Please download and follow the instructions in the Encinitas Background Check packet for Live Scan Fingerprinting. As of March 2012, a background check is a mandatory requirement to remain in the Encinitas CERT program.
What is Live Scan Fingerprinting?
The California Department of Justice (DOJ) has established a process of performing background checks utilizing digitized fingerprints. A relatively new process, called Live Scan, allows fingerprints to be electronically transmitted to the DOJ in a matter of seconds. This technology replaces rolling fingerprints on an ink pad and sending them in the mail. This delay slowed the process by weeks and even months, and if smudged, the process may have to be repeated.
For more information including what forms of identification to bring, please see Coastal Livescan Frequently Asked Questions.
The Encinitas office location and hours can be found at Coastal Livescan Hours.
The cost has been reduced to $10 for all Encinitas CERT members at Coastal Live Scan only. This cost will be reimbursed to you by the City of Encinitas, please bring your receipt to the Human Resources counter on the south side of Encinitas City Hall.